Expired Listings and For Sale by Owners are your friends - Go meet them!
Expired Listings: Regardless of which MLS you’re in, approximately 5-8% of the active listings go “expired” each month. Between April 1st - 23rd, 74 residential properties showed up “expired” in the Fresno MLS. That’s at least 20-25 per week! If you want listings, talk to these “expireds”. They want to hear from you!
Here are the facts:
· They have announced that they want to sell.
· They believe in using a Realtor.
· They will pay a commission!
· They are likely to be more realistic with their price.
· They don’t believe enough in their previous agent to extend the listing.
· Also prospect expireds from 6 months back or longer; our appreciation in values will help them get closer to their asking price.
· They need help.
· They need you!
For Sale by Owner
Here are some easy action steps to turn FSBOS into listings:
· Call to ask if you can preview their home.
· Get there and make a friend.
· Find out what their motivation is to sell and find a way to help.
· Ask if they would be willing to pay a commission if you were to have a buyer for them.
· Offer to provide them more accurate comparable sales information than the Zillow Zestimate they likely used.
· Put them on a mailing program for the next several weeks.
Here’s what you can send:
1. A business card and info on a great escrow officer to help with their sale. (Make sure the escrow officer knows you’re doing this - they’ll sing your praises.)
2. Send a Royal Charter Mortgage brochure and loan officer card.
o Encourage them to have their perspective buyer get pre-qualified by a reputable lender. (Illustrate that this is just one of dozens of things that you do on behalf of your sellers to provide a surety of close- flakey buyers with flakey lenders cancel deals!)
3. Offer a contact for a Home Warranty Company to get seller coverage now, or to provide the buyer with a policy if asked.
4. Offer a pest company referral and direct them to the “Home Services” page on the London website for other vendors, especially California Property Data to obtain a mandatory NHD report.
5. Keep them current on other listing and sales activity in the area. Be their resource!
6. Send them any of our free London Brochures like: “How To Save On Real Estate Commission” or “Would You Buy A House From You?”
Make a friend, demonstrate your professionalism and offer to help.